Over the past few months it has become a running joke in a certain friendship group to remind me that I am the oldest…que the Mean Girls mum memes. Being the glamourous granny that I am, I’m fully embracing the old! So here are 10 signs that you’re a proper grown up…
- You wake up feeling deathly hungover and then remember that you actually went to bed sober at 10pm when Dr Foster finished… oh and it’s only Wednesday. Friday where are you?
- Weekends mean you have to squeeze in all of the cleaning, washing and ironing before you can head out of the house to Home Bargains – wild!
- You fully appreciate fibre optic internet and all it’s bloody glory, because no one deserves to be tortured with dial up… or the idiot that phones the house phone just as the page loads.
- You have conversations with yourself on the way to work over the pros and cons of buying a Tassimo and whether you would actually use enough to ‘justify’ buying it.
- You’re Tesco food shop consists on quinoa, avocado and ALL the wine – because that’s what civilised adults drink on a random Tuesday night, right?
- You spend your evenings hunting down discount codes for that coffee table you want, because that means you can also afford to buy the most perfect lamp to go with it. #PinterestGoals
- You instantly walk out of shop because the first thing you see has giant holes on the shoulders and would barely cover your boobs let alone your hips. Who would even wear that and don’t these bloody people know it’s 8 degrees outside???
- Conversations with your bestie consist of where can I buy Zoflora? What takes chocolate out of the carpet? and why is it only Tuesday?
- It takes you ten minutes to decide what tea you want to drink in the morning, because ya know there’s green, three mint, proper tea and ya know ten other boxes of herbal tea to choose from.
- You buy random expensive crap because you work full time and you made it to Friday without killing someone in the office, so obviously you deserve it! #TreatYoSelf
I can’t be the only one, right?