I have posted a few bits on Instagram recently all about spring cleaning. I absolutely love cleaning, I find it so therapeutic and I cannot wait to get stuck in this year. There is something about clearing out all the junk, freshening everything up and the house being all sparkly that is just so satisfying. I thought I would start sharing all my cleaning tips on the blog, because let’s be honest whether you like it or not we all have to clean something at some point.
I thought I would start with one of my favourite cleaning products – Zoflora.
If you haven’t heard of Zoflora before where have you been? Only joking, I only found out about it a year or so ago and I have been obsessed ever since. It’s basically a concentrated disinfectant that you can use to clean so many things in your home and it smells amazing! I love having one product that can be used for so many things, it can even be used for pets (see below). Not only does it save you lots of money, but it stops the cupboard under the sink being overfilled with unnecessary cleaning products.
I’ve had a few different conversations recently all about the different things you can use Zoflora for and I thought I would put it all together in a blog post just to show how versatile it is (and so you can see why I’m obsessed).
1. General anti-bacterial – I mix 1 capful of Zoflora with water in a spray bottle and use it like any other anti-bacterial. It’s great for kitchen and bathroom surfaces or just anything that can be wiped down.
2. Drains – I use mine to freshen up all the drains in the house. I put a capful neat down any drains to help freshen them up.
3. Sinks – I put 2 capfuls in the sink, fill it with water and leave for a few hours.
4. Steam mop – I have a Shark steam mop that I use to clean my floors and I normally mix half a capful into the tank and it leaves the house smelling clean and fresh whenever I do the floors. You could also mix it in a bucket with water too if you use a normal mop.
5. Toilets – Put a capful neat in the toilet to get rid of any germs and to leave it smelling fresh.
6. Washing clothes – You can mix Zoflora in with your normal washing detergent/fabric softener to disinfect clothes. It’s great if you have had a sickness bug in the house or if you have a uniform for work that can come into contact with bugs such as a nurse or midwife etc.
7. Bins / Recycling bins – It’s super easy to mix 1-2 capfuls (depending on the size of the bin) with some water to help disinfect bins or recycling boxes (especially the brown food bins).
8. Washing machine – I put 1 capful in the drawer and then run the empty washing machine on a hot wash.
9. Radiators – I wipe down the radiators with a cloth/kitchen towel with Zoflora on it to clean them and then when the radiators warm up it leaves the room smelling lovely.
10. Dishwasher – Similar to the washing machine, you can pour it neat into the tablet section and run the dishwasher empty on a hot wash.
A few other uses that I have heard about and would like to try:
11. Hoover – You can spray it on the hoover filter to get a lovely smell when hoovering and you can also use it to clean the hoover filters.
12. Car – You can wipe down the dashboard, radio panel and steering wheel in your car.
13. Door mats, rugs and carpets – It can be sprayed and left to dry on any of these to disinfect and freshen up.
14. Iron – a few drops in the water to help clean the iron and leave clothes smelling fresh.
15. Mattresses – Spraying on the mattress and leaving to dry to freshen and disinfect.
Other uses and things that can get germy:
16. Door handles
17. Remote controls
18. Light switches
20. Laundry bin
All of these can be wiped down with a cloth/kitchen towel with Zoflora on it.
I have been asked a few other questions so I thought I would leave the answers below too:
What are your favourite scents?
Some of my favourite scents are Linen Fresh, Country Garden and Lemon Zing. I would love to try Sweet pea, Hello Spring and Summer Breeze.
Can it be used with pets?
Zoflora have a special range just for people with pets that helps get rid of any odours and bacteria that might be associated with them. For example, it can help reduce chances of kennel cough in dogs and things that can cause sickness bugs and flu. It’s safe to use around them once dry and can be used on their cages, bedding, patios and any other washable surface. You can read more about it here.
Where can you buy it?
Do you use Zoflora? I’d love to know what you use it for, so please leave me a comment below.