Does anyone else find baking really therapeutic? I don’t know if it’s taking time to do something I enjoy or stuffing my face with something yummy afterwards that I enjoy most, but either way I love it. After seeing lots of Easter inspired baking posts in my Instagram feed I decided to jump on the Crème Egg brownies bandwagon and give them a go.
A brownie is one of my all time favorite desserts and I love playing around with different recipes to jazz them up a little bit and make them a little different each time. I made brownie mince pies in December and everyone loved them. I have also tried salted caramel brownies which were pretty scrumptious, so if you would like to see the recipe for those, just let me know. But today I thought I would share this really easy Crème Egg brownie recipe.
- 85g Dark chocolate
- 110g Unsalted butter
- 340g Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 255g Self raising flour
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Packet of chocolate chips
- 5/6 Crème Eggs (frozen for at least 30 minutes)
Other bits and pieces
- Grease proof paper
- 8×8 inch baking tin/baking dish
- Break the chocolate into small pieces
- Combine the butter and dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan on a low heat.
- Stir often until melted (it should only take a couple of minutes).
- Take off the heat and add the sugar and salt.
- Add the 2 eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and mix until just blended (don’t over mix).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter into a tin/baking dish lined with grease proof paper and spread evenly.
- Bake in the centre of the oven at 180 degrees for around 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes take the brownies out of the oven. Cut the frozen Crème Eggs in half and press into the mixture.
- Put the mixture back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes (or until a tooth pick comes out clean).
- Transfer on to a wire wrack to cool down straight away.
What’s your favourite brownie recipe? I’d love to hear your ideas of what I should try next, so please leave me a comment below.